Senior Systems Administrator
Oklahoma City, OK - Full time
Mercury Network is a rapidly growing, nationally known web-based software company headquartered and hosted in Oklahoma City. Our knowledgeable, close-knit team has built a high growth, profitable business and an exceptional company culture. Now, we’re a 70+ person company, and our growth momentum has opened up new opportunities.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator with a proven record of project completion who loves building technology solutions that are tangible and relevant to customers.
This individual serves as a technical expert of systems administration in a complex mission-critical IT environment and should:
- Possess the expertise to respond to systems malfunction or failure in a timely, effective, and complete manner
- Fulfill complex IT requests and tasks while maintaining systems availability, performance, and security
- Perform planning, implementation, and validation stages while operating independently.
- Maintain sensitivity to engineering deficiencies and oversights that threaten systems availability, performance, and/or security
- Report, log, or address any issues with priority and timeliness commensurate with the degree of risk posed
- Recognize that the success or failure of our customers, both internal external, directly depends on IT's success or failure
- Inspire our customers to trust our competence and character, to value our contribution, and to see us as teammates
We want to find someone who can mentor others, interact comfortably with anyone (technical or not) at any level on the organizational chart and who focuses intensely on customer experience. Our IT team recognizes that we are a service organization and we don't just solve technology problems - we solve technology problems for people.
An ideal candidate...
- is focused on customers and loves making them happy
- is confident because he/she has "seen it before," but...
- is self-critical and wants to continually learn from others
- does not see any particular task as being "beneath" him/her and is willing to jump in to help when needed
What technology can you expect to work with? Below is a sample of our environment which is constantly evolving:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- IIS Web
- Cisco switches / ASA Firewalls
- F5 BIGIP Load Balancers
- Dell EqualLogic Storage
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- System Administration: 5 years
Excellent benefits, salaries, all the usual perks Aggressive compensation packages include competitive salaries and modern benefits:
- A 401(k) plan with a variety of investment options and immediate 100% vesting
- We pay 100% for single medical coverage with optional family coverage that's shockingly affordable
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental of Oklahoma and we pay 100%
- Everybody gets prescription coverage
- Everybody gets short term disability with long term disability options
- Everybody gets vision coverage
- Everybody gets company paid life insurance with options for expanded coverage
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Spending Program (a.k.a "cafeteria plan") saves you on co-pays, contacts, day care and more
- A relaxed dress code
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No sponsorship available.