Senior AWS/Linux Systems Administrator
Oklahoma City, OK
We are looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with a proven record of project completion who loves building technology solutions that are tangible and relevant to customers. We are specifically interested in candidates with 5+ years of experience supporting highly available customer-facing web applications.
This individual serves as a technical expert of systems administration in a complex mission-critical IT environment and should:
- Possess the expertise to respond to systems malfunction or failure in a timely, effective, and complete manner
- Fulfill complex IT requests and tasks while maintaining systems availability, performance, and security
- Perform planning, implementation, and validation stages while operating independently
- Maintain sensitivity to engineering deficiencies and oversights that threaten systems availability, performance, and/or security
- Report, log, or address any issues with priority and timeliness commensurate with the degree of risk posed
- Recognize that the success or failure of our customers, both internal external, directly depends on IT's success or failure
- Inspire our customers to trust our competence and character, to value our contribution, and to see us as teammates
An ideal candidate...
- is focused on customers and loves making them happy
- is confident because he/she has "seen it before", but...
- is self-critical and wants to continually learn from others
- does not see any particular task as being "beneath" him/her and is willing to jump in to help when needed
What technology can you expect to work with? Our environment is a mix of AWS hosted Linux systems, and self-hosted Windows systems. While this particular role will be focused on the Linux side, Microsoft experience is a welcome plus. In this role, you will manage the following:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) including:
- EC2 Instances
- Route 53
- Load balancing
- Cross-region replication
Excellent benefits, salaries, all the usual perks
Aggressive compensation packages include competitive salaries and modern benefits.
Job Type: Full-time